2022年山东真题读后续写翻译练习
那天是大型越野赛的日子。
来自小镇及其周边七所不同小学的学生们正在热身,并沿着穿过茂密常绿林的路线行走。
我环顾四周,终于看到了大卫。他独自站在栅栏旁的一侧。
他十岁的个子很小。
他今天没有露出平时那灿烂的笑容。
我走过去,问他为什么不和其他孩子在一起。
他犹豫了一下,然后说他决定不跑了。
怎么了?他为了这场比赛付出了那么多努力!
我迅速在人群中寻找学校的教练,并询问他发生了什么事。
“我担心其他学校的孩子会嘲笑他,”他有些不自在地说。
“我给了他跑或不跑的选择,让他自己决定。”
我忍住内心的懊恼。我知道教练的本意是好的——他觉得自己做得对。
在确定大卫如果想跑就可以跑之后,我转身发现他正朝我走来,他小小的身体左右摇摆着,双脚向前摆动。
大卫患有一种脑病,这使得他不能像其他孩子那样走路或跑步,但在学校里,他的同学们把他当作一个普通的孩子。
无论他们做什么,他总是尽自己最大的能力去参与。
这就是为什么没有一个孩子觉得大卫决定加入越野队有什么奇怪的。
他只是需要更长的时间——仅此而已。
大卫没有错过任何一次训练,虽然他总是比其他孩子晚很多才跑完,但他总是能跑完。
作为学校的一名特殊教育老师,我很了解大卫面临的挑战,并为他坚强的决心感到骄傲。
我们紧挨着坐下来,但大卫不愿意看我。
他低下头,试图避开与我的目光接触。
这是一个微妙的时刻,需要选择恰当的措辞。
经过一番思考,我提到了他因坚韧不拔和毅力而赢得人们赞扬的一些事情。
他的脸色开始缓和。
他补充说,评委们也向他竖起了大拇指。
哨声响起,参赛者开始就位。
令我高兴的是,大卫慢慢地站了起来。
我看着大卫和其他选手一起走到起跑线。
大卫稳稳地站在自己的位置上,对周围的一切都置之不理。
他向前推进,虽然不太稳定,但还是落在了后面。
然而,当他出现在视线中时,观众们爆发出雷鸣般的欢呼和掌声。
在热情和鼓励的激励下,大卫精神焕发地加快了步伐。
结果证明,他达到了自己的最佳纪录。
看到他自信的微笑,我松了一口气。
有了征服自己的力量,他就能征服通往美好未来的道路上的任何困难。
答案:
It was the day of the big cross-country run.
那天是大型越野赛的日子。
Students from seven different primary schools in and around the small town were warming up and walking the route (路线) through thick evergreen forest.
来自小镇及其周边七所不同小学的学生们正在热身,并沿着穿过茂密常绿林的路线行走。
I looked around and finally spotted David, who was standing by himself off to the side by a fence.
我环顾四周,终于看到了大卫。他独自站在栅栏旁的一侧。
He was small for ten years old.
他十岁的个子很小。
His usual big toothy smile was absent today.
他今天没有露出平时那灿烂的笑容。
I walked over and asked him why he wasn’t with the other children.
我走过去,问他为什么不和其他孩子在一起。
He hesitated and then said he had decided not to run.
他犹豫了一下,然后说他决定不跑了。
What was wrong He had worked so hard for this event!
怎么了?他为了这场比赛付出了那么多努力!
I quickly searched the crowd for the school’s coach and asked him what had happened.
我迅速在人群中寻找学校的教练,并询问他发生了什么事。
“I was afraid that kids from other schools would laugh at him,” he explained uncomfortably.
“我担心其他学校的孩子会嘲笑他,”他有些不自在地说。
“I gave him the choice to run or not, and let him decide.”
“我给了他跑或不跑的选择,让他自己决定。”
I bit back my frustration (懊恼).
我忍住内心的懊恼。
I knew the coach meant well -- he thought he was doing the right thing.
我知道教练的本意是好的——他觉得自己做得对。
After making sure that David could run if he wanted, I turned to find him coming towards me, his small body rocking from side to side as he swung his feet forward.
在确定大卫如果想跑就可以跑之后,我转身发现他正朝我走来,他小小的身体左右摇摆着,双脚向前摆动。
David had a brain disease which prevented him from walking or running like other children, but at school his classmates thought of him as a regular kid.
大卫患有一种脑病,这使得他不能像其他孩子那样走路或跑步,但在学校里,他的同学们把他当作一个普通的孩子。
He always participated to the best of his ability in whatever they were doing.
无论他们做什么,他总是尽自己最大的能力去参与。
That was why none of the children thought it unusual that David had decided to join the cross-country team.
这就是为什么没有一个孩子觉得大卫决定加入越野队有什么奇怪的。
It just took him longer -- that’s all.
他只是需要更长的时间——仅此而已。
David had not missed a single practice, and although he always finished his run long after the other children, he did always finish.
大卫没有错过任何一次训练,虽然他总是比其他孩子晚很多才跑完,但他总是能跑完。
As a special education teacher at the school, I was familiar with the challenges David faced and was proud of his strong determination.
作为学校的一名特殊教育老师,我很了解大卫面临的挑战,并为他坚强的决心感到骄傲。
We sat down next to each other, but David wouldn't look at me.
我们坐在一起,但大卫不看我。
He hung his head trying to avoid eye contact with me.
他低着头,试图避开我的目光。
It was a tricky moment, calling for a good choice of words.
这是一个棘手的时刻,需要选择合适的措辞。
Having thought it over, I mentioned some events which won people's praise for his determination and perseverance.
经过深思熟虑,我提到了一些事情,这些事情因他的决心和毅力而赢得了人们的赞扬。
His face began to lighten.
他的脸色开始变得明亮起来。
He added that even the judges thumbed up at him.
他补充说,就连评委也对他竖起了大拇指。
The whistle went off and the competitors began to take their places.
哨声响起,参赛者开始就位。
To my joy, David slowly rose to his feet.
令我高兴的是,大卫慢慢地站了起来。
I watched as David moved up to the starting line with the other runners.
我看着大卫和其他跑者一起走向起跑线。
David stood firmly in his position, ignoring anything around.
大卫稳稳地站在自己的位置上,对周围的一切都视而不见。
Pushing forward without balance, he was left behind.
由于没有保持平衡,他落在了后面。
However, when he came into sight, the spectators burst into thunderous cheers and applause.
然而,当他出现在视线中时,观众们爆发出雷鸣般的欢呼和掌声。
Inspired by the enthusiasm and encouragement, David quickened his pace in high spirits.
在热情和鼓励的激励下,大卫精神抖擞地加快了步伐。
It turned out that he achieved his best record ever.
结果,他取得了前所未有的最佳成绩。
Seeing his confident smiles, I sighed in relief.
看到他自信的笑容,我如释重负地叹了口气。
With the power to conquer himself, he can conquer anything on the way to a promising future.
有了战胜自己的力量,他就能战胜通往美好未来的道路上的一切。