牛津译林版八年级英语下册Unit7知识点归纳
国际慈善机构 International charities
你还剩一些零钱。 You have some pocket money left.
我不习惯在午饭前出去。 I’m not used to going out before lunch.
你过去对我非常友好。 You used to be very kind to me.
我太虚弱了,以至于我再也走不动了。 I’m so weak that I can’t walk any further.
它在奥比斯商店旁边。 It’s next to the Oxfam shop.
慈善机构如何帮助全世界的穷人们?
How charities help poor people around the world?
采访一名奥比斯的医生 an interview with/ interview an ORBIS doctor
失明影响了大约四千五百万的人,特别是在贫困地区。
Blindness affects about 45 million people, mostly in poor countries.
这些案例中大约有百分之八十能够被治愈或者阻止。
About 80 percent of these cases can be cured or prevented.
然而,很多人没有钱支付医疗治疗。
However, many people do not have the money for medical treatment.
奥比斯使用一个飞行眼科医院去贫困城市。
ORBIS uses a flying eye hospital to visit poor countries.
志愿者医师在飞机上做手术。 On the plane, volunteer doctors perform opetations.
飞机也被当做是教学中心。 The plane is also used as a teaching centre.
我们大多数病人都太穷了,他们付不起去医院的费用,所以我们只能到他们那。
Many of our patients are so poor that they can’t afford to travel to hospital, so we have to go to them.
当地的医生和护士也能到我们飞机上学习眼科手术。
Local doctors and nurses can come to our plane to learn about eye opetations.
我们教授他们新的技能,分享我们的知识。
We teach them new skills and share our knowledge.
通过训练当地的医师和护士,我们希望能够帮助更多的人。
By training local doctors and nurses, we hope to help even more people.
一次出诊你要做多少次手术? How many operations do you perform during a visit?
这是艰巨的工作,我们需要非常快的速度去工作,但我习惯了。
It’s hard work and we need to work very quickly, but I’m used to it.
你做了这么重要的工作,人们一定真心感激你。
You’ve done such an important job that people must be really grateful to you.
You’ve done so important a job that people must be really grateful to you.
对我们来说,我们能够帮助人们重见光明是最重要的事情。
The most important thing for us is that we can help people see again.
我因为自己有能力帮助这么多的人儿自豪。
I’m proud to be able to help so many people.
I’m proud that I’m able to help so many people.
I’m proud of helping so many people.
你有什么其他的事情想对我们的读者说的?
Is there anything else you’d like to say to our readers?
现代医学发展如此迅速,我们能够治疗和治愈大多数的眼病,改善病人的生活。Modern medicine is developing so quickly that we can treat and cure most eye problems and improve the lives of patients.
我们需要的就是足够的金钱继续我们的工作。
All we need is enough money to carry on with/doing our work.
我们希望人们能够通过捐赠奥比斯支持我们的工作。
We hope people will support our work by sending donations to ORBIS.
因为奥比斯是慈善机构,所以病人不需要付费。
The patients do not have to pay because ORBIS is a charity.
贫困地区有更多的失明的人。 There are many more blind people in poor countries.
奥比斯是一个帮助失明的人的慈善机构。ORBIS is a charity that helps blind people.
我在广播上听到了UNICEF 的广告。
I heard an advertisement for UNICEF on the radio.
UNICEF 是一个致力于改善儿童生活的组织。
UNICEF is an organization that works to improve the lives of children.
UNICEF想要为儿童创造一个更加美好的世界。
UNICEF wants to make the world a better place for children.
它坚信所有的儿童都应该有能力接受教育,当他们生病时都应该得到帮助。他们也应该被友好地对待。It believes that all children should be able to receive education and be helped when they are sick. They should also be treated with kindness.
他过去感到非常不舒服。现在,他习惯了飞行医生的生活方式。
He used to feel sick a lot. Now, he is used to the lifestyle of a flying doctor.
我过去认为医生这个工作很无聊。 I used to think working as a doctor was boring.
你可以通过捐款或者做志愿者工作帮助我们。
You can help by making a donation or doing some voluntary work.
它是1946年创立的。 It was set up in 1946.
组织其他的募集资金的活动 organize other fund-raising activities
她习惯了再飞机上工作,她再也不怕飞行了。
She is used to working on a plane and is not afraid of flying any more.
我想Mary真的关心别人,想要帮助他们。
I think Mary really cares about other people and wants to help them.
她决定重回学校,接受护士工作的培训。 xkb1.com新课标第一网
She decided to go back to school and train as a nurse.
课题如此的难,以至于我们做了大量的调查。
The topic was so difficult that we had to do a lot of reasearch on it.